The Mill, Burnfoot Holiday Cottages, Northumberland
The Mill is a luxury self-catering holiday cottage on the edge of Northumberland National Park, near Alnwick, Cragside, Hadrian's Wall and Rothbury, as well as Bamburgh, Craster and Seahouses on Northumberland's Heritage Coast.
Created from the original mill at Burnfoot, this L-shaped one-level holiday cottage, with a very large terrace affording views over a burn where salmon and sea trout run every year, offers an ideal base for a small group or two families holidaying together in Northumberland.
- Entrance hall with storage cupboard.
- Bright, airy sitting room with full height ceiling, exposed original roof timbers and large glazed opening leading to a large terrace overlooking Wreigh Burn. The sitting room has Italian leather sofas, a stone inglenook fireplace, a contemporary log-burning stove, flat-screen television with Freeview and Netflix, DVD player with a collection of DVDs, and shelves of good books.
- Separate dining kitchen, again with a full height ceiling and original beams, and with its own large glazed access on to the terrace overlooking the burn. Solid oak kitchen units complement the oak dining table with seating for eight guests. The exceptionally well-equipped kitchen has a large range cooker and integrated appliances, including a three-drawer freezer, dishwasher, washing machine and microwave.
- Closest to the living areas, tucked behind the kitchen, is a cosy bedroom with bunk beds and an interesting window facing the courtyard formed from an original ventilation slit.
- Next along the hall of the bedroom wing is a double bedroom with a double bed, exposed beams and views of the burn.
- Next is a fun L-shaped twin bedroom that is ideal for children.
- The master bedroom has an en-suite with shower, original exposed beams, a large window looking towards the burn, and a huge king-size bed.
- Modern family bathroom with electric shower and glazed shower screen over the bath.
- Free Wi-Fi is available throughout this cottage.
- Enclosed lawned gardens to front and rear.
- The large, fully-enclosed rear garden overlooks the burn, with views of both the Cheviot and Simonside Hills, and has a terrace leading off both the kitchen and living room with outside furniture to seat eight guests.
Please note that this cottage is not owned by the Stienlet family, but we can still accept bookings for it as an agent.