The Hemmel, Burnfoot Holiday Cottages, Northumberland
The Hemmel is a luxury self-catering holiday cottage on the edge of Northumberland National Park, near Alnwick, Cragside, Hadrian's Wall and Rothbury, as well as Bamburgh, Craster and Seahouses on Northumberland's Heritage Coast.
Created from Lord Armstrong’s original ’hemmel’, meaning 'cattle shed', The Hemmel no longer houses real cattle; however, this history has been kept alive with cattle portraits throughout. It has become the epitome of comfort, tranquillity and style for discerning guests seeking self-catering accommodation in Northumberland. This one-level holiday cottage, with a combined, spacious living / dining / kitchen area, is ideally suited for family gatherings, as well as for guests who require extra space for disability access.
- Large welcoming entrance hall with storage cupboard.
- Large open-plan living, dining and kitchen area with full-height ceiling, exposed roof timbers and French doors leading to an enclosed courtyard terrace.
- The living / dining area is filled with leather sofas, a huge oak sideboard with matching dining table, and a contemporary log-burning stove. It also has a smart television with Freesat, a Bluetooth wireless speaker, and a DVD player.
- Free Wi-Fi is available throughout this cottage for use with your own smart phone, tablet or laptop.
- The well equipped oak kitchen area has a modern integrated modern convection hob, oven and chimney hood, dishwasher, washing machine, spacious retro-style fridge-freezer, and microwave.
- Bedroom 1, ‘Chocolate', is the master bedroom. Tucked away at the end of The Hemmel, it has an en-suite, south-facing window, king-size solid oak bed and matching oak furniture.
- Bedroom 2, ‘Handel’, is accessed from the entrance hall. It offers the option of either a double or twin bedroom. When set up as a double, the bed is king-size and, as a single, the beds become two 2 ft 6 in singles.
- Bedroom 3, ‘Heidi’, is a slightly larger bedroom and can also be made up as a double or twin. When arranged as a double, the bed is a super-king-size and, as a single, the beds become two 3 ft singles.
- Across the hall from Bedrooms 2 and 3 is an easily accessible, bright family bathroom with an electric shower and glazed shower screen over the bath.
- Enclosed lawned front garden with a terrace leading off the living room with outside Italian-style furniture to seat six guests.
- Outside lighting makes this an inviting space.
Please note that this cottage is not owned by the Stienlet family, but we can still accept bookings for it as an agent.