The Bothy, Burnfoot Holiday Cottages, Northumberland
The Bothy is a very cosy, luxury, self-catering holiday cottage on the edge of Northumberland National Park, near Alnwick, Cragside, Hadrian's Wall and Rothbury, as well as Bamburgh, Craster and Seahouses on Northumberland's Heritage Coast.
Created from the original duck house, The Bothy is a detached cottage close to the burn, making it ideal for spotting aquatic wildlife.
Accommodation in The Bothy
- Entry is directly into a compact combined kitchen and living area with original exposed beams and two small windows directly overlooking the otters' play area in the Wreigh Burn. The kitchen area has oak units, an integrated stainless steel oven, hob, chimney hood, microwave and refrigerator.
- Immediately alongside the kitchen area is the living area, which comprises one two-seater sofa, a small sideboard with books and binoculars, and a flat-screen LED television with Freeview and Blue-Ray DVD player.
- Shower room, kitchen and living room completely refurbished in 2016.
- Through a door immediately to the left of the kitchen area is a comfortably equipped shower room with wc and basin.
- A door off the living area provides access to a very small bedroom with a double bed and a DAB radio.
- Please note the accommodation in The Bothy is small and is only suitable for two adults (there is no space for a cot or high chair). However, if space is not your priority and you enjoy watching otters close up, this is the cottage for you. One advantage is that in winter The Bothy takes seconds to warm up when you come back from a long walk!
- Free Wi-Fi is available in this cottage.
Please note that this cottage is not owned by the Stienlet family, but we can still accept bookings for it as an agent.