Cheviot View, Burnfoot Holiday Cottages, Northumberland
Cheviot View is a luxury self-catering holiday cottage on the edge of Northumberland National Park, near Alnwick, Cragside, Hadrian's Wall and Rothbury, as well as Bamburgh, Craster and Seahouses on Northumberland's Heritage Coast.
Created from Lord Armstrong's original turbine house and restored with the help of The National Trust, it is the largest holiday home at Burnfoot and boasts stunning views of the Cheviot Hills.
- Entrance hall with large storage cupboards for boots and coats.
- Cloakroom with wc and wash basin.
- Large sitting room with stone inglenook fireplace, contemporary log-burning stove, flat-screen television with Freeview, DVD player, and shelves of good books.
- Huge open-plan kitchen / dining room with glass wall opening on to a terrace with fine views towards the Cheviots. Oak kitchen units complement an oak dining table with seating for ten guests. The exceptionally well-equipped kitchen has a large range cooker with integrated appliances, including dishwasher and microwave.
- Off the kitchen is a utility room with a large American-style fridge-freezer and washing machine.
- Bedroom with king-size bed and en-suite with shower, tucked away from the main living areas, and providing self-contained sleeping accommodation ideal for less mobile members of your party. The king-size bed can be split into two 2ft 6in single beds, if preferred, which allows full wheelchair access into the en-suite.
- Free Wi-Fi is available throughout this cottage for use with your own smart phone, tablet or laptop.
- Spacious, bright landing with storage cupboard.
- Stunning master bedroom suite with a spacious en-suite shower room and a 12 feet high floor-to-ceiling glass wall facing the Cheviots - with no neighbouring properties in sight! Undoubtedly the best room at Burnfoot, this room features exposed beams, a solid oak king-size bed with matching furniture, including a dressing table, and even a leather sofa from which to enjoy the views.
- Three twin bedrooms, all with zip-link beds so that they can be made up as doubles if preferred. All have exquisitely restored original beams with private views over the burn and towards the Cheviots.
- Large family bathroom with bath and separate enclosed shower.
- Enclosed lawned gardens to front and rear.
- The large, fully-enclosed rear garden faces the Cheviot Hills and has a terrace leading off the kitchen with outside furniture to seat ten guests.