West Lodge ( sleeps 4 )
West Lodge is a luxury self-catering holiday cottage on the edge of Northumberland National Park, near Alnwick, Cragside, Hadrian's Wall and Rothbury, as well as Bamburgh, Craster and
Seahouses on Northumberland's Heritage Coast.
Created from the original hay store for the hemmel, but now with a wood-burning stove and large glazed doors, this one-level holiday cottage is the perfect base for exploring rural and
Accommodation in West Lodge
- Entrance porch with space for coats and boots.
- Small open-plan living, dining and kitchen area with full height ceiling, exposed roof timbers, oak furniture and contemporary leather sofas.
- The living area has a charming little fireplace with a small contemporary log-burning stove, as well as a flat-screen television with Freeview, DVD player and iPod dock. The main feature of
this living space is the ten feet wide west-facing glass wall which floods the area with light and makes it a great place to sit in the evenings.
- Cottage kitchen with oak block worktops, integrated stainless steel hob, oven and chimney hood, washing machine, fridge and microwave.
- The first bedroom is a double with its own patio door on to the terrace.
- The second bedroom is a small twin with two 2ft 6in beds that can be made up as a king-size if preferred, and a small south-facing window fitted into an original ventilation slit. A travel cot
can be accommodated in here, but only if placed between the beds.
- Compact family bathroom with electric shower and glazed shower screen over the bath.
- Free Wi-Fi is available throughout this cottage for use with your own smart phone, tablet or laptop.
- Terrace leading off the living room with outside furniture to seat four guests.
Please note that this cottage is not owned by the Stienlet family, but we can still accept bookings for it as an agent.