The Mill ( sleeps 8 )
The Mill is a luxury self-catering holiday cottage on the edge of Northumberland National Park, near Alnwick, Cragside, Hadrian's Wall and Rothbury, as well as Bamburgh, Craster and
Seahouses on Northumberland's Heritage Coast.
Created from the original mill at Burnfoot, this L-shaped one-level holiday cottage, with a very large terrace affording views over a burn where salmon and sea trout run every year, offers
an ideal base for a small group or two families holidaying together in Northumberland.
Accommodation in The Mill
- Entrance hall with storage cupboard.
- Bright, airy sitting room with full height ceiling, exposed original roof timbers and large glazed opening leading to a large terrace overlooking Wreigh Burn. The sitting room has Italian
leather sofas, a stone inglenook fireplace, a contemporary log-burning stove, flat screen television with Freeview, DVD player and iPod dock, and shelves of good books.
- Separate dining kitchen, again with a full height ceiling and original beams, and with its own large glazed access on to the terrace overlooking the burn. Solid oak kitchen units complement
the oak dining table with seating for eight guests. The exceptionally well-equipped kitchen has a large range cooker and integrated appliances, including dishwasher, washing machine and
- Closest to the living areas, tucked behind the kitchen, is a cosy bedroom with bunk beds and an interesting window facing the courtyard formed from an original ventilation slit.
- Next along the hall of the bedroom wing is a double bedroom with a double bed, exposed beams and views of the burn.
- Next is a fun L-shaped twin bedroom that is ideal for children.
- The master bedroom has an en-suite, original exposed beams, a large window looking towards the burn, and a huge king-size bed.
- Modern family bathroom with electric shower and glazed shower screen over the bath.
- Enclosed lawned gardens to front and rear.
- The large, fully-enclosed rear garden overlooks the burn, with views of both the Cheviot and Simonside Hills, and has a terrace leading off both the kitchen and living room with outside furniture to seat