The Forge ( sleeps 6 )
The Forge is a luxury self-catering holiday cottage on the edge of Northumberland National Park, near Alnwick, Cragside, Hadrian's Wall and Rothbury, as well as Bamburgh, Craster and
Seahouses on Northumberland's Heritage Coast.
Created from Lord Armstrong's workshop, it now offers exceptionally stylish holiday cottage accommodation on one-level with a terrace overlooking the spot where our heron fishes in the
Accommodation in The Forge
- Entrance leading to a hall with storage cupboard.
- Huge, bright open-plan living, dining and kitchen area with full height ceiling, exposed original roof timbers and large glazed opening leading to a terrace overlooking Wreigh Burn.
- This open-plan living space seamlessly blends contemporary chic with rustic charm. Evidence of The Forge's previous use abounds, but now this space contains art deco Italian leather
sofas, a stone inglenook fireplace, a contemporary log-burning stove, and a flat-screen smart television with Netflix and Amazon Prime. Please note that the photograph does not show two
of the three leather armchairs, so please be assured that six can be seated comfortably.
- Free Wi-Fi is provided in this cottage for use with your own laptop.
- The dining area provides another large storage cupboard, an oak dining table to seat six next to the terrace, and a large oak sideboard.
- The well equipped oak kitchen has an integrated stainless steel hob, oven and chimney hood, dishwasher, washing machine, fridge with ice compartment, espresso machine and microwave.
- Accessed from one end of the living accommodation is a beautiful master bedroom with exposed beams, an en-suite, a king-size solid oak bed and matching dressing table, and a walk-in
cupboard. It even has its own door to the courtyard to allow one to sneak in and out unnoticed!
- Accessed from the other end of the living room are two twin bedrooms (with 2ft 6in single beds), one of which can be changed into a king-size bed if preferred.
- Next to the two double bedrooms is a modern family bathroom with electric shower and glazed shower screen over the bath.
- Enclosed lawned gardens to front and rear.
- The fully-enclosed rear garden overlooks the burn, with views of the Simonside Hills, and has a terrace leading off the living room with outside furniture to seat six guests and a gas barbecue.
Please note that this cottage is not owned by the Stienlet family, but we can still accept bookings for it as an agent.