The Bothy ( sleeps 2 )
The Bothy is a very cosy, luxury, self-catering holiday cottage on the edge of Northumberland National Park, near Alnwick, Cragside, Hadrian's Wall and Rothbury, as well as Bamburgh,
Craster and Seahouses on Northumberland's Heritage Coast.
Created from the original duck house, The Bothy is a detached cottage close to the burn, making it ideal for spotting aquatic wildlife.
Accommodation in The Bothy
- Entry is directly into a compact combined kitchen and living area with original exposed beams and two small windows directly overlooking the otters' play area in the Wreigh Burn. The
kitchen area has oak units, an integrated stainless steel oven, hob, chimney hood, microwave and refrigerator.
- Immediately alongside the kitchen area is the living area, which comprises one two-seater sofa, a small sideboard with books and binoculars, and a flat-screen television with Freeview and
- Through a door immediately to the left of the kitchen area is a comfortably equipped shower room with wc and basin.
- A door off the living area provides access to a very small bedroom with a double bed.
- Please note the accommodation in The Bothy is small. However, if space is not your priority and you enjoy watching otters close up, this is the cottage for you. One advantage is that in
winter The Bothy takes seconds to warm up when you come back from a long walk!