East Lodge ( sleeps 4 )
East Lodge is a luxury self-catering holiday cottage on the edge of Northumberland National Park, near Alnwick, Cragside, Hadrian's Wall and Rothbury, as well as Bamburgh, Craster and
Seahouses on Northumberland's Heritage Coast.
Created from the original tack rooms, this one-level holiday cottage is the most spacious two-bedroom cottage at Burnfootand, and is now fitted with an impressive Scandinavian
Accommodation in East Lodge
- Entry is through a large, glazed opening into a spacious open-plan living, dining and kitchen area, with a vaulted ceiling and exposed roof timbers, oak furniture, original local art,
contemporary leather sofas, and a Scandinavian log burner to keep you toasty on even the coldest nights. There is a large TV unit, housing a selection of DVDs, maps, tourist information
and games, and a bookcase containing a range of interesting reads, along with a basket of soft-backed books for guests to read and swap. As well as free Wi-Fi, there is a Samsung
curved-screen 48 inch television with Freeview, DVD player and Bluetooth soundbar through which you can play your own music. Tennis rackets and balls are supplied in the storage
- The well-equipped cottage kitchen has a small, south-facing window fitted into an original ventilation slit, oak block worktops, integrated ceramic hob, oven and chimney hood, washing
machine with tumble dryer, fridge, microwave, and a selection of cookery books.
- The first bedroom along the hall is a twin bedroom with an exposed beam, a small south-facing window fitted into an original ventilation slit, and zip-link beds that can be made up as a
super-king-size double, if preferred, along with oak wardrobe, chest of drawers and bedside cabinets.
- Next along the hall is a spacious master bedroom with exposed beams and a large window with views down to Wreigh Burn. The oak furnishings comprise a king-size bed, bedside
cabinets, wardrobe and chest of drawers.
- Completing the accommodation is a spacious, bright and modern family bathroom with an electric shower over the bath and complimentary toiletries.
- Terrace and gravelled area leading off the living room with outdoor furniture for four guests.
- Parking is provided directly opposite the cottage.
Please note that this cottage is not owned by the Stienlet family, but we can still accept bookings for it as an agent.